Adopt, Don’t Shop
Our community is filled with love. Please help us spread that love to our four-legged friends in need of a new home.
Adopting a pet helps happy, healthy pets connect with loving families. Many of the animals are screened to ensure they are healthy and compatible with people. The pets in shelters are usually there for people reasons like a divorce, a move, no time, and financial constraints; not because they did something wrong
- Adopting a pet is often cheaper than purchasing from a store.
- Choosing to support a local animal shelter helps our caring community centers.
- At the same time, you send a message that it is not okay for pets to be inhumanely bred for profit.
The inhumane condition pets are bred in can result in medical or behavioral complications for the pups. Sadly, these serious conditions can be unchecked and only appear later in the pet’s life, costing the owners thousands to treat.
Top Reasons To Consider Adopting a Pet
- Adopting a pet will feed your heart and soul.
- They will help put a smile on your face and keep your heart brimming with excitement every time you step through the door.
- There are so many emotional, physical, and psychological benefits to caring and sharing with a loving pet.
- Along with unconditional love, adopting a pet provides us the deep satisfaction that comes with kindly opening our hearts and homes to those less fortunate.
- Most importantly, you will be saving and protecting life.
According to The Humane Society of the United States, of the estimated 3 million pets euthanized in shelters each year, approximately 2.4 million (80%) are healthy and treatable and could have been adopted into homes.
Pet Shelters to Visit or Donate To
Your help supporting adoption instead will help prevent the loss of precious life. Thank you for considering visiting or donating to any of the following pet shelters and let us know if you did, we’d be happy to hear from you.
Please dont’ shop, always adopt!
Wherever you go to get your next furry friend, please don’t shop, always adopt. There are many options. Always do your research to reduce the likelihood of that you will be disappointed once you get your new baby home.
Either way enjoy the photos and information and have a blessed day.
Angelica, The Beloit Mattress Company